Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 2: The Meadow and Arriving at Camp

And we're back to the backpacking photos! I'm really seriously going to get all these posted in the next two weeks, so we can really move on to something else. I love, love all the photos and it is a great reminder of coming summer, but I realize they are really taking forever to post and probably getting boring for those of you who kindly take time to check them out. So variety coming, I promise. In the meantime, a few more to end Day 2. Perhaps I'll do more interspersed posts like the protest ones if I can get out around town to take some new stuff!

So after we got over the pass, we descended relatively quickly into a very lovely meadow. The thing about meadows though, is while incredibly pleasant and pretty, they are really hard to photograph. I, for one, have not mastered it and for various reasons did not take the time to stop and focus on flowers and the like. So here is one rather sad attempt.


We passed another campsite with a nice lake. At this point, we didn't stop as we were not totally sure how far we had come.





The next section involved a little trail confusion, but then we pretty quickly made it back on track and passed by the awesome tree above. Then we arrived at our destination below.





We set up camp and everyone took naps. During this time, I walked around taking pictures for a bit. I'll only subject you to two below. I finally decided I would take a nap too and when I woke up everyone else was out exploring. I essentially stopped taking naps at age 2 because of the fear that something exciting would happen while I was sleeping, so I was temporarily rather unhappy about this situation. With many assurances that I hadn't missed anything spectacular and the thought of dinner, I recovered quickly though.



2 comments:

AR said...

Actually, all sorts of amazing things happened while you were napping, we just didn't have the heart to tell you.

I can't believe you don't want to go hiking this summer.

Christine said...

I knew it! I will never forgive you!

And I didn't say I didn't want to go hiking this summer!! I said I would "love" to go, but that I can't commit until I find out about next year's funding situation. Seriously, don't they teach you anything about nuance at Berkeley?