Monday, April 6, 2009

People...

 

 

 


I've taken up reading the post secret blog, which has apparently been around for a long time, but is new to me. Basically, people send a guy postcards with "secrets" on them and he posts them. I find it fascinating. Some of them are heart breaking and some amusing, others a bit uplifting or even sappy depending on your perspective. Anyway, it's an interesting experiment/insight into human psychology. It's also a bit voyeuristic, which is what brings me back to my photos of strangers, which is also voyeuristic in some ways. I like the pictures in part because I think people look cool going about their daily lives. I think the photos provide an interesting view of the world and a place, etc. I like that you don't know the people and are looking at them more in terms of composition and style than for who is in the pictures. It's about capturing a moment, not a person. But of course, I also like them because they tell a story, but without much information, which allows for imagination...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: